Mrs. Brown's Rules & Expectations
1. You will respect me and other students in the classroom. Any disrespect will result in an immediate referral.
2. You are responsible for your own success and failure.
1. note cards
2. a binder/folder
1. You must be in your seat when the bell rings or you will be issued a tardy.
2. Check the front board for the day's agenda.
3. All assignments must be turned in on the day that they are due, absolutely no late work will be accepted.
4. You cannot eat or drink in class. You may have a water bottle.
5. Chewing gum while giving a presentation is an automatic one grade reduction.
1. DAILY WORK(10%): You will have a variety of assignments throughout the semester. Some of these will be completed in class, while others will be homework. It is essential to passing the class that you turn in this work.
2. SPEECHES(70%): Every speech in this class is important. Failure to do more than two speeches can result in failing a quarter and possibly failing the class.
If you cannot give a speech on the date that it is due you will lose one letter grade per day.
Your grade will be dependent on your absences, tardies, ability to answer questions, paying attention, being quiet, staying awake, and any other activity that is necessary to your success in my class.
This is a speech class. It is designed to prepare you for public speaking in a variety of circumstances. You will also be expected to be an attentive audience. If you do any of the following, you will receive a zero quiz grade.
a. fall asleep
c. disrupt in any way
d. do other work